Archive for April 6th, 2010
Posted by blogger.creating in Apr 06, 2010, under game
Reduce your carbon footprint is not only good for the environment but also for your wallet! Here are 10 ultra-simple gestures to ask in order to preserve the planet and the way to save.
1. Bring your reusable bags. Plastic bags end up in landfills, requiring thousands of years to decompose. Today,From trainee to employee, several grocery stores gaia gold and go to charge for their plastic bags. Do your part to reduce wasteAnd save a few dollars at the same time not forgetting your cloth bags when you go shopping or do your shopping.
2. Watch your water consumption. Let the water run or use excessive quantities (eg, in the seal to wash your floors) is an act detrimental to the environment, but you also leave expensive bills. Be sure to turn off the tap when brushing your teeth, tibia gold, or use your dishwasher or washing machine for a full load. Also consider buying a dual-flush toilet and a shower head low flow, two items can significantly reduce your water consumption at home.
3. Resist the bottled water. I prefer it more of a pitcher of water with a filter and get a reusable water bottle that you can take with you. These simple actions help eliminate the number of plastic bottles thrown in the garbage, and you will also cost less than buying bottled water continuously.
4. Slow down the road. If you drive on the freeway, avoid rapid acceleration and sudden braking. You’ll reduce your emissions of greenhouse gas emissions, not to mention the mileage of your car and the cost of gasoline.
5. Park the car. Even better than slow down is to move your car! When you can, prefer another mode of transport eg walking, cycling, bus or carpool.
6. Build your cleaning products. Often, a little vinegar mixed with lemon juice and water enough to clean multiple surfaces at home. If you use already green cleaning products, Better for the environment and your health, you could do even more in concocting your own versions, you will save at the same time.
7. Buy in bulk. For items that you will always need – such as detergent, shampoo, cereal and rice – try to buy a bigger size as often as possible. Less packaging is used and the unit price will almost always be at its lowest.
8. Cook more efficiently. Cover your pots and avoid opening the oven door when it is running. Both habits will help reduce the cost of energy because the water boils faster in under a cover and the heat does not escape the oven if you do not open the door!
9. Check your heating system. Ask a thermostat you can program in advance in order to adjust the temperature of your house whether you’re there or not. A programmable thermostat costs around $ 70 to $ 100, but it is an excellent investment,taxonomist ease feels discompose, wow gold, which could reduce your heating bill up to 10% of the current amount.
10. Change light bulbs. A CFL bulb (FLC) uses 75% less electricity than traditional incandescent bulb and lasts up to ten times longer. Even if the FLC bulbs are slightly more expensive, they are a better choice because you will not have to change them as often.